Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Barn update

I have a sore throat. One of those itchy, scratchy, irritating sore throats. It's very aggravating. On the brightside, it does mean that at 3 o'clock in the morning I am up and sitting at my computer and there couldn't be a better time for me to give you a little update on my barn project.

When we first moved in to Pear Tree Cottage one of the things I was most taken with, was the lovely barn/out building that came with it...


(Excuse the photo quality, they were taken with my phone and are now the only photos of the barn as it was.)

                         This fabulous stove is in full working order and staying in the reno'd barn
                                      It really was just a dumping ground after we moved in.
                                                 very 'rustic', but not very stable....
                                             The barn in relation to the house
           I'm hoping to keep one of the old windows and turn it into a mirror...I'll let you know how that goes!
                                The vegetation was really making itself at home!
                  Who needs velux windows when you already have natural  light streaming through your rafters!

Well, clearly you can see there's much to be done. My aim was to restore rather than get rid of all of the barn's charm. However, as any of you who have taken on a project like this will know, it's a bit like dominoes and once you touch one thing, it tends to have a knock-on effect elsewhere. I hope I have done the barn justice. You can let me know, I will be posting new pictures very soon.

Now, one more mug of hot lemon and honey and I'm off to try and get some sleep.

Night, night.

B x

4 comments:

Simply H said...

Wow what a gorgeous barn and a fantastic project I am sure you will make it look amazing. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog re my sons accident - I'm sorry you had to go through the hell of stitches as well but it's a real comfort to know we are not alone! x

Susan said...

What a fabulous barn! I look forward to updates. There's nothing as exciting as a good renovation project!
Hope you're feeling better!
Blessings!

koralee said...

Hope you feel better soon. What a lovely barn...and just think how beautiful it will be when done! Pure JOY. xoxox HUGS

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

I can't wait to see what you have done with your lovely barn.....I actually like it as it is although I'm sure that you've worked your magic on it.
.....and, you are lucky that it was just the barn with holes in the roof. Our roof on the houe has a few !!!! haha XXXX

Related Posts with Thumbnails